Saturday, September 1, 2012

Faefever by Karen Marie Moning



***** FIVE STARS! *****

**Review Originally posted 7/4/2012**


Oh my gah, oh my gah, OH MY FECKING GAHHHH!

THERE SHALL BE SPOILAGE ALL UP AND THROUGH THIS REVIEW!!

This book rocked my little normally-fae-hating-world guys. And when I say rocked, I mean I wanted a cigarette after reading it and I've never smoked a day in my life.

If there ever is such a thing as the best book ever - And I really don't wanna oversell this but - THIS book is IT. And I seriously mean it.

Mac has really grown into a woman to fear and if you should see the blazing lights of her MacHalo, then you better tuck ass and book. It was no secret that Mac wasn't my favorite person in the world, she probably still isn't. But by G-d she's clawing her way up that list.

This book slayed me. SLAYED. ME. I used to get upset because I thought Moning should've added more action in her books since we're starved for romance and even with this book, I was finding myself upset and kind of let down because there were some places where we were hurting for descriptives and needed a bit more action. HOWEVER, the last 80 pages or so really made up for that. There was soooo much action in those pages that it was enough for the entire book. And everything that happened - Ahhh! I loved every damn second of it.

Mac has wisened up quite a bit although I feel she is still a bit slow on the uptake. Some things she still should be seeing obviously, elude her until she gets smacked it the face by it and damn. She got fuuuucked up with a mean backhand this time. BUT, my fellow Goodreaders, this is what makes for a really good book. Angst, anger at your protagonist, frustration because you can see the things she/he so clearly can't. Yes. Good books indeed.

Barrons...still don't know what he is but man, is he ever. Dear heaven on earth he certainly is.

Still don't like Rowena or many of the many other bitches sidhe-seers she's brainwashed. Although, the foul-mouthed Dani is growing on me a bit. Christian...meh. Don't trust him as far as I can throw his Hot Scottish ass. But, that's cool. Because in the Fever series we are hardly in want of men we cannot trust. One more won't break my heart.

I don't want to give too much away because I feel that this is one of those things people need to read themselves and because this is my new favorite book of 2012, I'll be passing out copies of it on the street next time you see me.

P.S. I'm 5'9 with large boobs and dark brown hair. If you should see me with a HUGE shit-eating-grin on my face, just take the book and leave me with promises of reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Reading!

Blog Archive