Saturday, September 1, 2012

Editing Rants, ahoy!


Honestly, I can be critical - very critical apparently - about grammatical errors, etc. and I promise you I have a reason for it. I, myself am an aspiring author. I take writing very seriously and each sentence I write is just an extension of my soul. When editors are called in to do what? - EDIT someone's baby, in my eyes they should do just that. Edit it.

In more and more of the work I'm reading now, someone is sleeping on the motherfluffing job and that is unacceptable. Every author I know spills their heart out onto a blank page and fills it up with amazing writing that leaps off the page at you and burrows into the heart of the reader, taking them off to a far away land where they don't have to deal with their own real life problems. If only for a minute. And when an editor doesn't catch the typos, mistakes, misuse of grammar or lack thereof, you are doing the author and readers a serious disservice.

I know I don't like to feel as if I'm editing a book as I read which makes me anal to the point of obsession with my own works and any typos/errors that pop up. I know, almost counter-productive, but by golly gee I HATE a typo!

*Exhales* Sorry. Rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Reading!

Blog Archive