Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Query Revisions?

Lately I've been thinking very seriously about revising my queries for The Descendant and Selene. The way I see it is that the agents haven't read the MS, so they can't possibly hate it. It HAS to be my query letters that's turning them off.

So. Caylee's query letter gets a revision. I have also been thinking about submitting my query letter to Query Shark to be possibly ripped apart and reviewed. And I have to say, I've never been more excited to get rejected publicly. Janet Reid, [Click HERE to view her blog.] if you don't know, is a literary agent with FinePrint Literary Management in NYC who runs Query Shark. [Click HERE for the Query Shark blog.] For those of you who may not know, Query Shark is exactly what it sounds like. You send your query, if she approves it, she will post it with her critiques. Because authors, writers, aspiring authors and everyone in between could ALWAYS use input from literary agents, I find this insanely helpful. If you don't and you would like to have a career in writing, reevaluate your career choices.

I know my query needs work, so I will be working on it for some time. 

--A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Reading!